Back in May, I told y’all to Remember the name Jadin Shropshire. I hate to write that I told you so (well, no, I don’t), but the emcee has returned with another convincing reason to keep him on your radar. On YoungState, the New York native gives listeners quite a colorful and creative lyrical performance with a deep-voiced, yet finessed flow that jives perfectly with the track’s audible ambiance. Speaking of the smooth, horn-powered beat, feel free to praise Jadin who, with some help from co-producer Act Won, showcases his skills beyond the mic. Joining Shropshire on the scrumptious song is M Wettah, who makes quite the splash by juxtaposing the beat with a raspy, yet agile vocal performance. YoungState is not attached to anything larger, but, as always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for more.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.