If you know The DJBooth, you know that we open newcomers with open arms and more importantly, open ears. That being said, lend your ears to the dulcet tones of multi-hyphen artist Jade and her single Freedom from her forthcoming album, Jaded. Offering a sultry but moving delivery of lyrics penned by James Fauntleroy over emotive production by The Page Brothers, Jade is a welcome respite from the sameness that plagues the female vocalist talent pool. The mysterious visuals that accompany the song leave much room for interpretation, which may have been intentional to get the audience to examine how it relates to freedom, and perhaps even the meaning of freedom itself. Even if you’re not into interpreting artistic expressions of universal themes, the song will get you in the mood to groove, and that’s never a bad thing. We’re glad to have Jade on deck here at DJBooth, and we look forward to hearing more from her in the future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brown Box" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.