If you know The DJBooth, you know that we open newcomers with open arms and more importantly, open ears. That being said, lend your ears to the dulcet tones of multi-hyphen artist Jade and her single Freedom from her forthcoming album, Jaded. Offering a sultry but moving delivery of lyrics penned by James Fauntleroy over emotive production by The Page Brothers, Jade is a welcome respite from the sameness that plagues the female vocalist talent pool. The mysterious visuals that accompany the song leave much room for interpretation, which may have been intentional to get the audience to examine how it relates to freedom, and perhaps even the meaning of freedom itself. Even if you’re not into interpreting artistic expressions of universal themes, the song will get you in the mood to groove, and that’s never a bad thing. We’re glad to have Jade on deck here at DJBooth, and we look forward to hearing more from her in the future.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brown Box" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.