Featured, along with its official visuals, in December of 2012, Jade Alston‘s Missing You Lately has received the official remix treatment courtesy of two somewhat surprising collaborators. Tec Beatz, the beatsmith behind Rocky Diamonds’ Ballin’, gives the record a total production overhaul, replacing MPIII‘s airy pop boardwork with a hazy, bass-heavy blend of trap percussion and swirling synths. Southern spitter Roscoe Dash plays Alston’s ex on the closing verse, reminding her of the explosive sexual chemistry they enjoyed when they were together. Is this hip hop-infused revamp an upgrade, or are you still feeling the original? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.