Featured, along with its official visuals, in December of 2012, Jade Alston‘s Missing You Lately has received the official remix treatment courtesy of two somewhat surprising collaborators. Tec Beatz, the beatsmith behind Rocky Diamonds’ Ballin’, gives the record a total production overhaul, replacing MPIII‘s airy pop boardwork with a hazy, bass-heavy blend of trap percussion and swirling synths. Southern spitter Roscoe Dash plays Alston’s ex on the closing verse, reminding her of the explosive sexual chemistry they enjoyed when they were together. Is this hip hop-infused revamp an upgrade, or are you still feeling the original? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.