Featured, along with its official visuals, in December of 2012, Jade Alston‘s Missing You Lately has received the official remix treatment courtesy of two somewhat surprising collaborators. Tec Beatz, the beatsmith behind Rocky Diamonds’ Ballin’, gives the record a total production overhaul, replacing MPIII‘s airy pop boardwork with a hazy, bass-heavy blend of trap percussion and swirling synths. Southern spitter Roscoe Dash plays Alston’s ex on the closing verse, reminding her of the explosive sexual chemistry they enjoyed when they were together. Is this hip hop-infused revamp an upgrade, or are you still feeling the original? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.