Back in July, when Jade Alston dropped off Sober, she was in the grips of a serious “heart hangover.” Six months later, the unsigned R&B songstress’ grief has mellowed into nostalgia, so she’s decided to pick up the phone and reconnect with her ex on follow-up Missing You Lately. On this wistful jam, MPIII‘s airy, head-noddable synth boardwork sets the mood as Alston takes a rose-colored look back at their relationship, toying with the idea that they could pick up where they left off. Director Walu brings the singer’s recollections to life in his official visuals. Featuring Missing You and much more, the artist’s Single on a Saturday Night EP is available digitally as of December 2011. Watch for the sequel, logically titled Single on a Saturday Night 2, to drop sometime in early 2013.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.