Back in July, when Jade Alston dropped off Sober, she was in the grips of a serious “heart hangover.” Six months later, the unsigned R&B songstress’ grief has mellowed into nostalgia, so she’s decided to pick up the phone and reconnect with her ex on follow-up Missing You Lately. On this wistful jam, MPIII‘s airy, head-noddable synth boardwork sets the mood as Alston takes a rose-colored look back at their relationship, toying with the idea that they could pick up where they left off. Director Walu brings the singer’s recollections to life in his official visuals. Featuring Missing You and much more, the artist’s Single on a Saturday Night EP is available digitally as of December 2011. Watch for the sequel, logically titled Single on a Saturday Night 2, to drop sometime in early 2013.
Written by richard on 12/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.