Jade Alson‘s last EP, released back in December of 2011, was titled Single on a Saturday Night. While I’m not sure how her love life has gone in the intervening year, the fact that she’s about to release a sequel suggests the answer is “not so well.” Anxious to change the situation, the unsigned singer gives a prospective S.O. the full rundown of what she has to offer on the forthcoming project’s lead single, If I Was Your Girlfriend. Over The Rose Bros.’ production, a uniquely-textured mix of smooth keys, punchy percussion and ambient, indecipherable vocal samples, she highlights a few of her selling points: she’s nurturing, flexible (in the figurative sense—no word on whether she’s physically limber, too) and willing to support her man through thick and thin. Whether or not the dude in question is won over by this self-promotional ballad, I have a feeling that it’ll leave R&B-lovers in the Booth craving more. Those who fall into that category can stay tuned for the latest on Sunday Morning: Single On A Saturday Night Pt. 2, as well as checking out December video single Missing You Lately.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.