Jade Alson‘s last EP, released back in December of 2011, was titled Single on a Saturday Night. While I’m not sure how her love life has gone in the intervening year, the fact that she’s about to release a sequel suggests the answer is “not so well.” Anxious to change the situation, the unsigned singer gives a prospective S.O. the full rundown of what she has to offer on the forthcoming project’s lead single, If I Was Your Girlfriend. Over The Rose Bros.’ production, a uniquely-textured mix of smooth keys, punchy percussion and ambient, indecipherable vocal samples, she highlights a few of her selling points: she’s nurturing, flexible (in the figurative sense—no word on whether she’s physically limber, too) and willing to support her man through thick and thin. Whether or not the dude in question is won over by this self-promotional ballad, I have a feeling that it’ll leave R&B-lovers in the Booth craving more. Those who fall into that category can stay tuned for the latest on Sunday Morning: Single On A Saturday Night Pt. 2, as well as checking out December video single Missing You Lately.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.