Jade Alson‘s last EP, released back in December of 2011, was titled Single on a Saturday Night. While I’m not sure how her love life has gone in the intervening year, the fact that she’s about to release a sequel suggests the answer is “not so well.” Anxious to change the situation, the unsigned singer gives a prospective S.O. the full rundown of what she has to offer on the forthcoming project’s lead single, If I Was Your Girlfriend. Over The Rose Bros.’ production, a uniquely-textured mix of smooth keys, punchy percussion and ambient, indecipherable vocal samples, she highlights a few of her selling points: she’s nurturing, flexible (in the figurative sense—no word on whether she’s physically limber, too) and willing to support her man through thick and thin. Whether or not the dude in question is won over by this self-promotional ballad, I have a feeling that it’ll leave R&B-lovers in the Booth craving more. Those who fall into that category can stay tuned for the latest on Sunday Morning: Single On A Saturday Night Pt. 2, as well as checking out December video single Missing You Lately.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.