Jade Alson‘s last EP, released back in December of 2011, was titled Single on a Saturday Night. While I’m not sure how her love life has gone in the intervening year, the fact that she’s about to release a sequel suggests the answer is “not so well.” Anxious to change the situation, the unsigned singer gives a prospective S.O. the full rundown of what she has to offer on the forthcoming project’s lead single, If I Was Your Girlfriend. Over The Rose Bros.’ production, a uniquely-textured mix of smooth keys, punchy percussion and ambient, indecipherable vocal samples, she highlights a few of her selling points: she’s nurturing, flexible (in the figurative sense—no word on whether she’s physically limber, too) and willing to support her man through thick and thin. Whether or not the dude in question is won over by this self-promotional ballad, I have a feeling that it’ll leave R&B-lovers in the Booth craving more. Those who fall into that category can stay tuned for the latest on Sunday Morning: Single On A Saturday Night Pt. 2, as well as checking out December video single Missing You Lately.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.