Attention, Jadakiss fans: if you’ve been sitting around with a flower, plucking petals as you mumble, “He loves me, he loves me not…” you can give it a rest. In just two short days, the D-Block vet’s set to finally prove his affection with the release of a new, fan-dedicated mixtape. The latest leak off the project, Rock Wit Me, may not have the romantic bent of the previously-featured Hold You Down, but it leaves no doubt that Jada loves his job just as much as the moment he entered the game. An as-yet unknown producer provides the club-ready beat, blending thumping percussion with an exotic reversed-vocal loop (plus a smooth chorus by Star Trak songstress Teyana Taylor) as ‘Kiss enjoys the fruits of his labors. In between bottles of expensive liquor, he lets slip a little dissatisfaction with the industry: “Gamblin’ with your life, playin’ lotto with your label / You always in the red, but they object is to pay you / Then you wonder why I’m in the projects with the yayo.” Despite the struggles, though, he rests secure in the knowledge that he’s still “Top Five, dead or alive.” For more musical tokens of Jada’s affection, check out I Love You (A Dedication to My Fans) when it drops May 24.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.