Maybe it’s just because I grew up in an era when the sound of Sisqo crooning, “She has dumps like a truck, what, what” was only too common, but for some reason when I saw Jadakiss had teamed up with 50 Cent and Rell for a new record called Dump (It’s Like That) I was expecting a stripper anthem. Damn was I wrong. The only thing getting dumped on Jada’s new banger are bodies into the river. Over a booming beat by an as-yet unidentified producer, the heavyweight NYC headliner starts off the mayhem with an appropriately high-caliber verse, but it’s the relentless violent Fiddy who steals the show with the kind of hard flow fans have been clamoring for. Throw in a solid, but possibly ill-fitting, hook from singer Rell and we’ve got a new street anthem. Be very afraid soft emcees, it’s like that. Dump was first heard this weekend on FunkMaster Flex’ radio show and doesn’t currently have an home on a larger project, but as soon as a new Kiss album inevitably develops we’ll be sure to let you know.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.