Maybe it’s just because I grew up in an era when the sound of Sisqo crooning, “She has dumps like a truck, what, what” was only too common, but for some reason when I saw Jadakiss had teamed up with 50 Cent and Rell for a new record called Dump (It’s Like That) I was expecting a stripper anthem. Damn was I wrong. The only thing getting dumped on Jada’s new banger are bodies into the river. Over a booming beat by an as-yet unidentified producer, the heavyweight NYC headliner starts off the mayhem with an appropriately high-caliber verse, but it’s the relentless violent Fiddy who steals the show with the kind of hard flow fans have been clamoring for. Throw in a solid, but possibly ill-fitting, hook from singer Rell and we’ve got a new street anthem. Be very afraid soft emcees, it’s like that. Dump was first heard this weekend on FunkMaster Flex’ radio show and doesn’t currently have an home on a larger project, but as soon as a new Kiss album inevitably develops we’ll be sure to let you know.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.