Maybe it’s just because I grew up in an era when the sound of Sisqo crooning, “She has dumps like a truck, what, what” was only too common, but for some reason when I saw Jadakiss had teamed up with 50 Cent and Rell for a new record called Dump (It’s Like That) I was expecting a stripper anthem. Damn was I wrong. The only thing getting dumped on Jada’s new banger are bodies into the river. Over a booming beat by an as-yet unidentified producer, the heavyweight NYC headliner starts off the mayhem with an appropriately high-caliber verse, but it’s the relentless violent Fiddy who steals the show with the kind of hard flow fans have been clamoring for. Throw in a solid, but possibly ill-fitting, hook from singer Rell and we’ve got a new street anthem. Be very afraid soft emcees, it’s like that. Dump was first heard this weekend on FunkMaster Flex’ radio show and doesn’t currently have an home on a larger project, but as soon as a new Kiss album inevitably develops we’ll be sure to let you know.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.