Maybe it’s just because I grew up in an era when the sound of Sisqo crooning, “She has dumps like a truck, what, what” was only too common, but for some reason when I saw Jadakiss had teamed up with 50 Cent and Rell for a new record called Dump (It’s Like That) I was expecting a stripper anthem. Damn was I wrong. The only thing getting dumped on Jada’s new banger are bodies into the river. Over a booming beat by an as-yet unidentified producer, the heavyweight NYC headliner starts off the mayhem with an appropriately high-caliber verse, but it’s the relentless violent Fiddy who steals the show with the kind of hard flow fans have been clamoring for. Throw in a solid, but possibly ill-fitting, hook from singer Rell and we’ve got a new street anthem. Be very afraid soft emcees, it’s like that. Dump was first heard this weekend on FunkMaster Flex’ radio show and doesn’t currently have an home on a larger project, but as soon as a new Kiss album inevitably develops we’ll be sure to let you know.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.