With the scarcity of new Jadakiss material in recent memory, (he had just two solo features in 2010), his devotees may be starting to wonder whether something’s wrong. Did that romantic spark die out while we weren’t paying attention? Could he be… seeing someone else? Worry no longer: today Jada’s back with the audio equivalent of a bouquet of red roses, ready and willing to Hold You Down through good times and bad. This newly-leaked cut off the emcee’s forthcoming street album finds beatsmith J Buttah cooking up an appropriately smooth, bell-laced R&B backdrop for ‘Kiss’ expressions of love and devotion. Though ostensibly addressed to one special lady, his rhymes are sure to resonate with listeners who’ve stuck with him over the years: “I’m here cause I wanna be, not ‘cause I have to be… gotta give you all of me, can’t give you half of me.” Complete with the silky hook vocals of Time Is Up collaborator Emanny, this musical token of Jada’s affection is only the beginning of what’s in store on I Love You, the fan-dedicated mixtape prelude to new studio album Top 5 Dead or Alive (coming later this year).
Written by richard on 02/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.