I think I speak for all of us when I say that the most impressive magic trick Jadakiss could perform would be to make his third studio album (scheduled, after several delays, to drop April 7th) instantaneously materialize on record store shelves. With that said, unreleased cut Magic City (Pt. 2) sees the rapper showcasing an almost as extraordinary, and perhaps more enviable power: after watching Jada’s money vanish in a cloud of smoke, listeners will be awestruck to see his paper reappear out of thin air! Kiss’ gruff, bottle-popping verses bookend the record, and Lil Wayne‘s (Autotune-free!) contribution midway through boasts a few of the megastar’s most bizarre lines in recent memory (“We cut the ears and the tail off Mickey Mouse/ Never been a rat, never had ‘em in the house.”) Producer Addicted 4 Life lives up to his name here, delivering an undeniably addictive instrumental that blends head-bobbing percussion with a few hot guitar licks, and the cut is topped off by a catchy, uncredited hook. Though this record won’t make it onto The Last Kiss, another Jada-Weezy collabo, Death Wish, will be included as a bonus track.
Written by richard on 03/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.