The Ruff Ryders are back! Well, sort of. Though many have questioned Jadakiss’ choice of Who’s Real as the third single off The Last Kiss, he makes up for it (and then some!) with the official remix. While many listeners would be satisfied to simply see OJ Da Juiceman‘s contribution removed, J-to-the-Muah rises to the occasion with a brand new opener (notable punchline: “I was movin’ that Vanna White before Sajak”), which leads straight into verses by the previously-MIA Eve and Drag-On, as well as D-Block comrades Styles P and Sheek Louch. The highlight, however, comes on the back end, when the one and only DMX steps up to the mic—with all these pesky legal troubles finally behind him, the Dog is back, gruff as ever and ready to tear these frauds limb from limb! This hard-hitting remix is sure to whet longtime fans’ appetites for the release of the Ruff Ryders’ forthcoming compilation album—let it be known that, after 10 years, we’re still ready to Ryde or Die!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.