The Ruff Ryders are back! Well, sort of. Though many have questioned Jadakiss’ choice of Who’s Real as the third single off The Last Kiss, he makes up for it (and then some!) with the official remix. While many listeners would be satisfied to simply see OJ Da Juiceman‘s contribution removed, J-to-the-Muah rises to the occasion with a brand new opener (notable punchline: “I was movin’ that Vanna White before Sajak”), which leads straight into verses by the previously-MIA Eve and Drag-On, as well as D-Block comrades Styles P and Sheek Louch. The highlight, however, comes on the back end, when the one and only DMX steps up to the mic—with all these pesky legal troubles finally behind him, the Dog is back, gruff as ever and ready to tear these frauds limb from limb! This hard-hitting remix is sure to whet longtime fans’ appetites for the release of the Ruff Ryders’ forthcoming compilation album—let it be known that, after 10 years, we’re still ready to Ryde or Die!
Written by Burmy on 06/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.