After releasing his first two albums under a joint deal with Ruff Ryders and Interscope, Jadakiss signed a solo deal at Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam last November. A month after signing with the new labels, however, Jay-Z left his post as president and several artists were dropped from the label’s roster. Despite these internal issues, the Yonkers-born emcee is on target to release his long-overdue third studio album, Kiss My A**, this winter. On Don’t Start Nothin, a potential album inclusion produced by Sean C. and LV of Grind Music, Kiss tries to convince all the hard-nosed dudes to once-and-for-all drop their tough guy act. While the chorus is a reproduction (see the YoungBloodz’ Damn!) and the theme is quite stale, not many artists can spit with the same street-appeal and lyrical intensity as the rapper born Jason Phillips.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.