After releasing his first two albums under a joint deal with Ruff Ryders and Interscope, Jadakiss signed a solo deal at Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam last November. A month after signing with the new labels, however, Jay-Z left his post as president and several artists were dropped from the label’s roster. Despite these internal issues, the Yonkers-born emcee is on target to release his long-overdue third studio album, Kiss My A**, this winter. On Don’t Start Nothin, a potential album inclusion produced by Sean C. and LV of Grind Music, Kiss tries to convince all the hard-nosed dudes to once-and-for-all drop their tough guy act. While the chorus is a reproduction (see the YoungBloodz’ Damn!) and the theme is quite stale, not many artists can spit with the same street-appeal and lyrical intensity as the rapper born Jason Phillips.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.