You can call the cops, you can offer to pay, you can even threaten me with violence, but when it comes to the latest offering from Jacquees, I Won’t Turn It Down. Can you blame me? Drumma Boy’s beat alone—featuring smooth guitar riffs and a clean percussion rhythm—is worthy of turning the volume to 11. Add Jacquees’ sultry, smoother-than-silk vocals, which show his mastery of the R&B style, and not only will you not want to turn it down, but you won’t feel like listening to another song for a while. Oh yeah, did I mention that Chris Brown, who has deemed Jacquees the new “Prince of R&B/Pop,” tops the record off with a few rapped bars? Jacquees is currently hard at work on his next album, 19. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.