You can call the cops, you can offer to pay, you can even threaten me with violence, but when it comes to the latest offering from Jacquees, I Won’t Turn It Down. Can you blame me? Drumma Boy’s beat alone—featuring smooth guitar riffs and a clean percussion rhythm—is worthy of turning the volume to 11. Add Jacquees’ sultry, smoother-than-silk vocals, which show his mastery of the R&B style, and not only will you not want to turn it down, but you won’t feel like listening to another song for a while. Oh yeah, did I mention that Chris Brown, who has deemed Jacquees the new “Prince of R&B/Pop,” tops the record off with a few rapped bars? Jacquees is currently hard at work on his next album, 19. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/19/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.