If Jacquees was hoping to take me back to my middle school dances, he’s succeeded. For the singer’s new video he grabs Soul For Real’s classic ’94 jam Candy Rain and gives it his own, updated flavor (a Quemix, if you will). Producer KE on the Track leaves the original essentially intact, putting the pressure on Jacquees to make Candy Rain his own, and he responds with smoothly delivered vocals that only pause to throw in a clever Umbrella shout out. Fans of both ‘90s and 2012 R&B will undoubtedly want to mark their calendars for the August release of Jacquees Fan Affiliated mixtape – you never know, he might just Quemix Color Me Bad’s I Wanna Sex You Up next.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.