If Jacquees was hoping to take me back to my middle school dances, he’s succeeded. For the singer’s new video he grabs Soul For Real’s classic ’94 jam Candy Rain and gives it his own, updated flavor (a Quemix, if you will). Producer KE on the Track leaves the original essentially intact, putting the pressure on Jacquees to make Candy Rain his own, and he responds with smoothly delivered vocals that only pause to throw in a clever Umbrella shout out. Fans of both ‘90s and 2012 R&B will undoubtedly want to mark their calendars for the August release of Jacquees Fan Affiliated mixtape – you never know, he might just Quemix Color Me Bad’s I Wanna Sex You Up next.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.