If Jacquees was hoping to take me back to my middle school dances, he’s succeeded. For the singer’s new video he grabs Soul For Real’s classic ’94 jam Candy Rain and gives it his own, updated flavor (a Quemix, if you will). Producer KE on the Track leaves the original essentially intact, putting the pressure on Jacquees to make Candy Rain his own, and he responds with smoothly delivered vocals that only pause to throw in a clever Umbrella shout out. Fans of both ‘90s and 2012 R&B will undoubtedly want to mark their calendars for the August release of Jacquees Fan Affiliated mixtape – you never know, he might just Quemix Color Me Bad’s I Wanna Sex You Up next.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)