If Jacquees was hoping to take me back to my middle school dances, he’s succeeded. For the singer’s new video he grabs Soul For Real’s classic ’94 jam Candy Rain and gives it his own, updated flavor (a Quemix, if you will). Producer KE on the Track leaves the original essentially intact, putting the pressure on Jacquees to make Candy Rain his own, and he responds with smoothly delivered vocals that only pause to throw in a clever Umbrella shout out. Fans of both ‘90s and 2012 R&B will undoubtedly want to mark their calendars for the August release of Jacquees Fan Affiliated mixtape – you never know, he might just Quemix Color Me Bad’s I Wanna Sex You Up next.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.