From debut Lying Together to his most recent single, Photos, Jackson Breit‘s past DJBooth features have all shared a certain breezy, carefree mood. It’s easy to sound sunny and laid-back when discussing life’s simple pleasures, but can the indie singer-songwriter maintain his mellow while addressing a situation that really f**king sucks—like, say, the realization that your S.O.‘s been unfaithful? Shockingly, the answer is “Yes.” Sure, the bluesy guitar backdrop Breit cooks up to back Two Timing is slightly more downbeat than his usual, but the overall mood is still eminently chill, and his vocals sound more sardonic than sorrowful. Director Matty Smooch provides some low-key visuals to accompany the cut. The project to which this joint will be attached has yet to receive a title or drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you up to date as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lying Together " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.