From debut Lying Together to his most recent single, Photos, Jackson Breit‘s past DJBooth features have all shared a certain breezy, carefree mood. It’s easy to sound sunny and laid-back when discussing life’s simple pleasures, but can the indie singer-songwriter maintain his mellow while addressing a situation that really f**king sucks—like, say, the realization that your S.O.‘s been unfaithful? Shockingly, the answer is “Yes.” Sure, the bluesy guitar backdrop Breit cooks up to back Two Timing is slightly more downbeat than his usual, but the overall mood is still eminently chill, and his vocals sound more sardonic than sorrowful. Director Matty Smooch provides some low-key visuals to accompany the cut. The project to which this joint will be attached has yet to receive a title or drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you up to date as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)