I always look forward to penning write-ups for Jackson Breit, because it means I will walk away from listening to the new selection feeling refreshed and happy as can be; it must be an effect of his intoxicating style. While it has sadly been a few months since we last saw him in the Booth (see Sunny Side), he’s now back with Photos, a song which contains a middle verse which Jackson himself calls his “favorite” to-date. Atop his own chiming, shimmering production, Breit dishes out some dirt in a clean, energetic style. (It won’t take more than a single listen to understand why the record’s second verse is the artist’s favorite). The track, as a whole, exemplifies the New Orleans native’s unique style: a little bit of hip-hop, a splash of pop, and some humorous lyrics. It just might be my favorite too, Jackson.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lying Together " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.