I always look forward to penning write-ups for Jackson Breit, because it means I will walk away from listening to the new selection feeling refreshed and happy as can be; it must be an effect of his intoxicating style. While it has sadly been a few months since we last saw him in the Booth (see Sunny Side), he’s now back with Photos, a song which contains a middle verse which Jackson himself calls his “favorite” to-date. Atop his own chiming, shimmering production, Breit dishes out some dirt in a clean, energetic style. (It won’t take more than a single listen to understand why the record’s second verse is the artist’s favorite). The track, as a whole, exemplifies the New Orleans native’s unique style: a little bit of hip-hop, a splash of pop, and some humorous lyrics. It just might be my favorite too, Jackson.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.