If you told me that you weren’t feeling the latest single from newcomer Jackson Breit and I told you it would be his last DJBooth feature, we would be Lying Together. With an undeniable appeal, how could you not like the singer/songwriter? Breit pulls double duty on his single, crafting a clean beat, centered around a multitude of chopped Oohs, Ahhs, and Oh Baby’s sprinkled over a jazzy instrumental. Atop the bubbly boardwork, Breit captivates with a unique, soulful sung/rapped style that is powered by his energy and youthful charisma. If you enjoy Lying Together, listening to the New Orleans resident, you’re in luck. The single will appear on Jackson’s forthcoming project, In The Shade EP, which is set to drop early next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's On Tonight" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.