Late last month, unsigned singer/songwriter Jackson Breit stepped into the Booth with Eye for an Eye, a reader-acclaimed single off his next full-length. The highly-anticipated project still lacks a drop date, but perhaps we can take the title of this freshly-released outtake as a clue that it’s just around the corner. Whatever the case, the bubbly Almost There is one appetizing hors d’oeuvre. Here, Sleepless‘s sunny synth grooves accompany Breit as he lets us know just how good he’s been doing lately. That goes, apparently, for his romantic as well as his professional life; on the middle verse, he boasts: “Goddamn boy, I’m the man, boy. / Got your girlfriend eatin’ out my hand, boy.” This joint is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, but those digging it should watch our pages for the latest on Good Times and Bad Times, as well as anything else Jackson Breit might have coming down the pike.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lying Together " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.