While it’s been over a year since the Jackie Boyz last graced our front page, it’d be inaccurate to say that we haven’t heard from the club-popsters in that time; in addition to helping pen Sean Kingston/Justin Bieber collab Eenie Meenie, Stevie and Los have racked up songwriting credits with everyone from Ron Isley to Madonna. After all that hard work, the duo are back to blow off a little steam on Winning Isn’t Easy, an anthemic joint dedicated to all those putting in overtime on their way to the top. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the newly-leaked cut finds Julkeyz flipping a sample from Christopher Cross’ A Chance for Heaven (theme song of the 1984 US Olympic swim team, believe it or not) into a melodramatic backdrop for the duo’s Autotuned reflections on the hustle. Complete with the smooth guest vocals of R&B singer Micah, this joint should be just the thing to motivate anyone on their grind – whether said grind involves swimming, music, or writing track reviews for DJBooth.net. Those digging it can stay tuned for release details on the Boyz’ 585 Dayz Later mixtape, due out “soon.”
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Jackie Boyz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.