While it’s been over a year since the Jackie Boyz last graced our front page, it’d be inaccurate to say that we haven’t heard from the club-popsters in that time; in addition to helping pen Sean Kingston/Justin Bieber collab Eenie Meenie, Stevie and Los have racked up songwriting credits with everyone from Ron Isley to Madonna. After all that hard work, the duo are back to blow off a little steam on Winning Isn’t Easy, an anthemic joint dedicated to all those putting in overtime on their way to the top. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the newly-leaked cut finds Julkeyz flipping a sample from Christopher Cross’ A Chance for Heaven (theme song of the 1984 US Olympic swim team, believe it or not) into a melodramatic backdrop for the duo’s Autotuned reflections on the hustle. Complete with the smooth guest vocals of R&B singer Micah, this joint should be just the thing to motivate anyone on their grind – whether said grind involves swimming, music, or writing track reviews for DJBooth.net. Those digging it can stay tuned for release details on the Boyz’ 585 Dayz Later mixtape, due out “soon.”
Written by richard on 12/21/10
Submit your Rating
Jackie Boyz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.