If there’s one thing Los and Stevie of the Jackie Boyz know, it’s how to write energetic club jams as sugary and as addictive as a truckload of Pixy Stix – as a matter of fact, they were the masterminds behind Flo Rida‘s dancefloor-packing smash, Sugar. With that said, now would be a good time to bust out those insulin shots. The duo’s current single, Love & Beyond, is a synth-driven four-on-the-floor scorcher even more irresistibly upbeat than previously featured, reader-acclaimed cut Clones. Backed by MDL‘s pulse-pounding boardwork, the fraternal twosome wax ecstatic about a budding romance that sent them soaring out of their former, mundane existence, into a glittering galaxy of new possibilities. Is it catchy? Absolutely. Danceable? Hell yes! Released back in September, the Jackie Boyz’ sophomore studio album (also titled Love & Beyond) is only available in Japan, but stateside listeners who’d like to accompany the duo on their cosmic journey can always go the import route.
Written by richard on 11/12/09
Submit your Rating
Jackie Boyz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.