If there’s one thing Los and Stevie of the Jackie Boyz know, it’s how to write energetic club jams as sugary and as addictive as a truckload of Pixy Stix – as a matter of fact, they were the masterminds behind Flo Rida‘s dancefloor-packing smash, Sugar. With that said, now would be a good time to bust out those insulin shots. The duo’s current single, Love & Beyond, is a synth-driven four-on-the-floor scorcher even more irresistibly upbeat than previously featured, reader-acclaimed cut Clones. Backed by MDL‘s pulse-pounding boardwork, the fraternal twosome wax ecstatic about a budding romance that sent them soaring out of their former, mundane existence, into a glittering galaxy of new possibilities. Is it catchy? Absolutely. Danceable? Hell yes! Released back in September, the Jackie Boyz’ sophomore studio album (also titled Love & Beyond) is only available in Japan, but stateside listeners who’d like to accompany the duo on their cosmic journey can always go the import route.
Written by richard on 11/12/09
Submit your Rating
Jackie Boyz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.