Born in Savannah, Georgia, the Jackie Boyz grew up with a love for music. Instilled in them by their late mother, Jackie, the boys ventured westward in search of stardom. With their triple threat ability to write, sing and perform, the brothers have aligned themselves with the likes of Bryan Michael Cox and Bobby Brown, just to name a few. On their debut single, Callin’ Me, the duo takes a page out of T-Pain’s successful play book and implements the catchy voice box. Over a track courtesy of producer MDL, the boyz let their lady know that no matter her means of communication, they want her to “keep callin’ me, callin’ me, callin’ me!” With a distinct hit making ability, expect a few major labels to start calling.
Written by DJ Z on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.