Born in Savannah, Georgia, the Jackie Boyz grew up with a love for music. Instilled in them by their late mother, Jackie, the boys ventured westward in search of stardom. With their triple threat ability to write, sing and perform, the brothers have aligned themselves with the likes of Bryan Michael Cox and Bobby Brown, just to name a few. On their debut single, Callin’ Me, the duo takes a page out of T-Pain’s successful play book and implements the catchy voice box. Over a track courtesy of producer MDL, the boyz let their lady know that no matter her means of communication, they want her to “keep callin’ me, callin’ me, callin’ me!” With a distinct hit making ability, expect a few major labels to start calling.
Written by DJ Z on 02/7/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.