Absent from our pages since dropping off left-field banger Cat Gotcha Tongue back in December 2012, buzzmaking singer/producer JacK Magma finally returns to kick off his 2013 with freshly-minted EP single SuperPowers. Initially, it seems as if the artist has reined in the aforementioned joint’s chaotic style to achieve a slightly more streamlined electro-funk sound. After three-and-a-half minutes of eccentrically catchy, ‘80s-informed pop, though, the record takes a sharp turn from the weird, segueing from a spacey, one minute-plus guitar solo into a seemingly-unrelated hip-hop groove. The end result sounds a bit like three different songs compressed into one. I’ll let y’all decide whether that’s a good thing, but it certainly testifies to Magma’s restless creativity. If this fractured pop gem has left you craving more, watch our pages for the latest on his An Electric Purple EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cat Gotcha Tongue" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!