Absent from our pages since dropping off left-field banger Cat Gotcha Tongue back in December 2012, buzzmaking singer/producer JacK Magma finally returns to kick off his 2013 with freshly-minted EP single SuperPowers. Initially, it seems as if the artist has reined in the aforementioned joint’s chaotic style to achieve a slightly more streamlined electro-funk sound. After three-and-a-half minutes of eccentrically catchy, ‘80s-informed pop, though, the record takes a sharp turn from the weird, segueing from a spacey, one minute-plus guitar solo into a seemingly-unrelated hip-hop groove. The end result sounds a bit like three different songs compressed into one. I’ll let y’all decide whether that’s a good thing, but it certainly testifies to Magma’s restless creativity. If this fractured pop gem has left you craving more, watch our pages for the latest on his An Electric Purple EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cat Gotcha Tongue" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.