When I was 16, I spent most of my free time in front of my Playstation 2. Booth newcomer Jack Harlow? He’s laying the groundwork for a career in the music industry. On new promo single It’s Pointless, making its world premiere on our front page, the Louisville, Kentucky native offers us a glimpse into the exciting, but often stifling life of a teenage rap prodigy, who can reel off polysyllabic rhymes like it’s nothing but isn’t quite sure how to talk to a hot girl without making things awkward. As he touts his skills and vents his frustrations in witty verses, Pat White serves up a head-noddable beat driven by chopped guitar samples. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Pointless isn’t attached to any larger set, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Jack Harlow in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.