When I was 16, I spent most of my free time in front of my Playstation 2. Booth newcomer Jack Harlow? He’s laying the groundwork for a career in the music industry. On new promo single It’s Pointless, making its world premiere on our front page, the Louisville, Kentucky native offers us a glimpse into the exciting, but often stifling life of a teenage rap prodigy, who can reel off polysyllabic rhymes like it’s nothing but isn’t quite sure how to talk to a hot girl without making things awkward. As he touts his skills and vents his frustrations in witty verses, Pat White serves up a head-noddable beat driven by chopped guitar samples. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Pointless isn’t attached to any larger set, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Jack Harlow in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.