When I was 16, I spent most of my free time in front of my Playstation 2. Booth newcomer Jack Harlow? He’s laying the groundwork for a career in the music industry. On new promo single It’s Pointless, making its world premiere on our front page, the Louisville, Kentucky native offers us a glimpse into the exciting, but often stifling life of a teenage rap prodigy, who can reel off polysyllabic rhymes like it’s nothing but isn’t quite sure how to talk to a hot girl without making things awkward. As he touts his skills and vents his frustrations in witty verses, Pat White serves up a head-noddable beat driven by chopped guitar samples. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Pointless isn’t attached to any larger set, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Jack Harlow in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.