When I was 16, I spent most of my free time in front of my Playstation 2. Booth newcomer Jack Harlow? He’s laying the groundwork for a career in the music industry. On new promo single It’s Pointless, making its world premiere on our front page, the Louisville, Kentucky native offers us a glimpse into the exciting, but often stifling life of a teenage rap prodigy, who can reel off polysyllabic rhymes like it’s nothing but isn’t quite sure how to talk to a hot girl without making things awkward. As he touts his skills and vents his frustrations in witty verses, Pat White serves up a head-noddable beat driven by chopped guitar samples. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Pointless isn’t attached to any larger set, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Jack Harlow in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.