When I was 16, I spent most of my free time in front of my Playstation 2. Booth newcomer Jack Harlow? He’s laying the groundwork for a career in the music industry. On new promo single It’s Pointless, making its world premiere on our front page, the Louisville, Kentucky native offers us a glimpse into the exciting, but often stifling life of a teenage rap prodigy, who can reel off polysyllabic rhymes like it’s nothing but isn’t quite sure how to talk to a hot girl without making things awkward. As he touts his skills and vents his frustrations in witty verses, Pat White serves up a head-noddable beat driven by chopped guitar samples. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then stay tuned; Pointless isn’t attached to any larger set, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Jack Harlow in the very near future.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.