Over the last three years, Jack Freeman has guested on Booth-featured cuts a whopping six times, lending his smooth vocals to cuts by the likes of Gerald Walker (Here’s to Us) and Express (Katrina). Today, the H-Town crooner makes his long-awaited solo debut with Magenta, a fresh single off his next independent LP. This joint’s sound is every bit as vibrant as the color from which it takes its title, if slightly more understated. The artist handles production in conjunction with Chris Rockaway, weaving synths and live instrumentation into an appropriately steamy backdrop for his falsetto-laced come-ons: “Can I take a walk with your feelings, baby? And I’ll make love to your mind…” This left-of-center burner is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on Freeman’s next full-length, The Spotless Mind. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Me " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.