Over the last three years, Jack Freeman has guested on Booth-featured cuts a whopping six times, lending his smooth vocals to cuts by the likes of Gerald Walker (Here’s to Us) and Express (Katrina). Today, the H-Town crooner makes his long-awaited solo debut with Magenta, a fresh single off his next independent LP. This joint’s sound is every bit as vibrant as the color from which it takes its title, if slightly more understated. The artist handles production in conjunction with Chris Rockaway, weaving synths and live instrumentation into an appropriately steamy backdrop for his falsetto-laced come-ons: “Can I take a walk with your feelings, baby? And I’ll make love to your mind…” This left-of-center burner is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on Freeman’s next full-length, The Spotless Mind. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Me " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.