In 2004 comedy 50 First Dates, a veterinarian played by Adam Sandler struggles to romance a woman whose anterograde amnesia prevents her from remembering any of their experiences together. The girl whom Jack Freeman addresses on his latest promo single suffers from no such condition—which is slightly unfortunate for the H-Town crooner, as he’d like nothing more than to start their relationship over, with a completely blank slate. Backed by Chris Rockaway‘s acoustic guitar strums and subdued keys, the singer laments the disintegration of their life together, and suggests, “Let’s act like we never met before, so we can fall in love again.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This poignant jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Freeman’s plans in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, you can always take a listen to the artist’s debut solo feature, Magenta.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Me " (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.