Apparently, the cliché about the grass being greener on the other side is true; in a reversal of the usual situation, new single To Whom It May Concern opens with Jabee fantasizing about giving his rap career up for a boring nine-to-five. It’s just a passing thought, though. As the Oklahoma City emcee makes clear over Kadence‘s guitar-led boardwork, despite the omnipresent stresses of the hustle, he remains determined to conquer the game “by any means necessary.” Todd Beats directs the official video, making its world premiere on our pages. For this heartfelt jam and much more, cop Jabee’s Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt LP, available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.