Apparently, the cliché about the grass being greener on the other side is true; in a reversal of the usual situation, new single To Whom It May Concern opens with Jabee fantasizing about giving his rap career up for a boring nine-to-five. It’s just a passing thought, though. As the Oklahoma City emcee makes clear over Kadence‘s guitar-led boardwork, despite the omnipresent stresses of the hustle, he remains determined to conquer the game “by any means necessary.” Todd Beats directs the official video, making its world premiere on our pages. For this heartfelt jam and much more, cop Jabee’s Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt LP, available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.