Apparently, the cliché about the grass being greener on the other side is true; in a reversal of the usual situation, new single To Whom It May Concern opens with Jabee fantasizing about giving his rap career up for a boring nine-to-five. It’s just a passing thought, though. As the Oklahoma City emcee makes clear over Kadence‘s guitar-led boardwork, despite the omnipresent stresses of the hustle, he remains determined to conquer the game “by any means necessary.” Todd Beats directs the official video, making its world premiere on our pages. For this heartfelt jam and much more, cop Jabee’s Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt LP, available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.