Apparently, the cliché about the grass being greener on the other side is true; in a reversal of the usual situation, new single To Whom It May Concern opens with Jabee fantasizing about giving his rap career up for a boring nine-to-five. It’s just a passing thought, though. As the Oklahoma City emcee makes clear over Kadence‘s guitar-led boardwork, despite the omnipresent stresses of the hustle, he remains determined to conquer the game “by any means necessary.” Todd Beats directs the official video, making its world premiere on our pages. For this heartfelt jam and much more, cop Jabee’s Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt LP, available now for streaming and purchase in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.