Currently hard at work on a new EP with underground mainstay EL-P, Jabee has stepped into the Booth with a little something to tide fans over in the meantime. Unreleased cut GHETTO finds DJ Semaj flipping a sample from Rick James’ Hollywood as the Oklahoma City rhymesayer and guest emcee Yung Jones deliver true-to-life character sketches of inner-city youth seduced by the promises of the drug game. If you’re feeling this record, keep it locked for details on the aforementioned LP, as well as copping the expanded re-release of Jabee’s Booth-sponsored Lucky Me mixtape when it drops in digital and (limited) physical formats December 13.
Written by richard on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.