Currently hard at work on a new EP with underground mainstay EL-P, Jabee has stepped into the Booth with a little something to tide fans over in the meantime. Unreleased cut GHETTO finds DJ Semaj flipping a sample from Rick James’ Hollywood as the Oklahoma City rhymesayer and guest emcee Yung Jones deliver true-to-life character sketches of inner-city youth seduced by the promises of the drug game. If you’re feeling this record, keep it locked for details on the aforementioned LP, as well as copping the expanded re-release of Jabee’s Booth-sponsored Lucky Me mixtape when it drops in digital and (limited) physical formats December 13.
Written by richard on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.