Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last we heard from Jabee, the Oklahoma City rhymesayer was wilding out alongside Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. on PLVYVHVT3, the final release off his Deliver Us From Evil EP. Dreams, the lead single off his next project, is a dramatic change of pace from its predecessor’s jocular vibe; though Jabee’s brash, in-your-face delivery is retained, his bars take a turn for the poetic and introspective. Over Kadence‘s melancholy, almost eerie piano loops, he reflects on hip-hop and the black struggle in allusive verses. He closes the joint with a shout-out to Big Baby Jesus: “If you can dream of being rich, you can dream of being free / I dream of Russell Jones, live and die like ODB.” If this thoughtful jam’s piqued your interest, mark your calendar for the December 17, release of Jabee’s next street album, Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.