Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last we heard from Jabee, the Oklahoma City rhymesayer was wilding out alongside Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. on PLVYVHVT3, the final release off his Deliver Us From Evil EP. Dreams, the lead single off his next project, is a dramatic change of pace from its predecessor’s jocular vibe; though Jabee’s brash, in-your-face delivery is retained, his bars take a turn for the poetic and introspective. Over Kadence‘s melancholy, almost eerie piano loops, he reflects on hip-hop and the black struggle in allusive verses. He closes the joint with a shout-out to Big Baby Jesus: “If you can dream of being rich, you can dream of being free / I dream of Russell Jones, live and die like ODB.” If this thoughtful jam’s piqued your interest, mark your calendar for the December 17, release of Jabee’s next street album, Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Oklahoma City reppin' emcee Jabee has released his latest album, Everything Was Beautiful And Nothing Hurt. The 10-track LP, which features Booth-featured lead single "Dreams," includes guest contributions from Cameron Neal,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.