Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last we heard from Jabee, the Oklahoma City rhymesayer was wilding out alongside Das Racist alumnus Kool A.D. on PLVYVHVT3, the final release off his Deliver Us From Evil EP. Dreams, the lead single off his next project, is a dramatic change of pace from its predecessor’s jocular vibe; though Jabee’s brash, in-your-face delivery is retained, his bars take a turn for the poetic and introspective. Over Kadence‘s melancholy, almost eerie piano loops, he reflects on hip-hop and the black struggle in allusive verses. He closes the joint with a shout-out to Big Baby Jesus: “If you can dream of being rich, you can dream of being free / I dream of Russell Jones, live and die like ODB.” If this thoughtful jam’s piqued your interest, mark your calendar for the December 17, release of Jabee’s next street album, Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt.
Written by richard on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.