With all the beef and personal drama, the rap game often seems more like a circus than an industry run by grown-ups. Not that there’s anything wrong with circuses – if you’re not scared of clowns, they can be a lot of fun. In any case, Jabee is one emcee you’ll never catch letting feelings get in the way of work; as he puts it on his latest feature “ I stay Bout My Business.” Cooked up over the course of an evening in Woody‘s L.A. studio, this unreleased joint finds the rapper-producer crafting a dreamily head-noddable chopped-sample backdrop for the no-nonsense lyricism of Jabee and two esteemed colleagues. After the headliner’s braggadocious opener, Cali repper El Prez spends his middle verse delineating the differences between himself and your average bottle-popping hip-hopper, and Little Things emcee Yung Nate closes the cut with a few pointers on winning friends and influencing people (“I just buy them a couple drinks and they f*ck with me again.”) Though this businesslike banger isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can hear more from Jabee and Prez on their respective Booth-sponsored mixtapes, Lucky Me and Animal Style!
Written by richard on 03/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.