With all the beef and personal drama, the rap game often seems more like a circus than an industry run by grown-ups. Not that there’s anything wrong with circuses – if you’re not scared of clowns, they can be a lot of fun. In any case, Jabee is one emcee you’ll never catch letting feelings get in the way of work; as he puts it on his latest feature “ I stay Bout My Business.” Cooked up over the course of an evening in Woody‘s L.A. studio, this unreleased joint finds the rapper-producer crafting a dreamily head-noddable chopped-sample backdrop for the no-nonsense lyricism of Jabee and two esteemed colleagues. After the headliner’s braggadocious opener, Cali repper El Prez spends his middle verse delineating the differences between himself and your average bottle-popping hip-hopper, and Little Things emcee Yung Nate closes the cut with a few pointers on winning friends and influencing people (“I just buy them a couple drinks and they f*ck with me again.”) Though this businesslike banger isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can hear more from Jabee and Prez on their respective Booth-sponsored mixtapes, Lucky Me and Animal Style!
Written by richard on 03/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)