Paul McCartney may have been addressing a romantic relationship when he sang “Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting…,” but that sentiment holds even more true when it comes to the spilling of literal Blood. On this new, unreleased cut, A Blessing emcee Jabee pays tribute to his brother, who passed away this past September. The ARE flips a sample from a soul cover of the Beatles hit mentioned above into an elegiac, string-heavy backdrop for the Oklahoma City emcee’s reflective verses, which find him lamenting the vicious circle of gang violence and expressing hope that his lyrical insights will help steer others away from that self-destructive path, “When I’m gone, play ‘em this song and rewind that/ Tell ‘em it’s their blood, and you can’t get your time back.” Blood isn’t set to appear on any forthcoming project, but fans should be sure and check back with us in December, when Jabee will step into the Booth to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 11/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)