Paul McCartney may have been addressing a romantic relationship when he sang “Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting…,” but that sentiment holds even more true when it comes to the spilling of literal Blood. On this new, unreleased cut, A Blessing emcee Jabee pays tribute to his brother, who passed away this past September. The ARE flips a sample from a soul cover of the Beatles hit mentioned above into an elegiac, string-heavy backdrop for the Oklahoma City emcee’s reflective verses, which find him lamenting the vicious circle of gang violence and expressing hope that his lyrical insights will help steer others away from that self-destructive path, “When I’m gone, play ‘em this song and rewind that/ Tell ‘em it’s their blood, and you can’t get your time back.” Blood isn’t set to appear on any forthcoming project, but fans should be sure and check back with us in December, when Jabee will step into the Booth to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series.
Listen to More: Jabee Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.