Paul McCartney may have been addressing a romantic relationship when he sang “Life is very short, and there’s no time for fussing and fighting…,” but that sentiment holds even more true when it comes to the spilling of literal Blood. On this new, unreleased cut, A Blessing emcee Jabee pays tribute to his brother, who passed away this past September. The ARE flips a sample from a soul cover of the Beatles hit mentioned above into an elegiac, string-heavy backdrop for the Oklahoma City emcee’s reflective verses, which find him lamenting the vicious circle of gang violence and expressing hope that his lyrical insights will help steer others away from that self-destructive path, “When I’m gone, play ‘em this song and rewind that/ Tell ‘em it’s their blood, and you can’t get your time back.” Blood isn’t set to appear on any forthcoming project, but fans should be sure and check back with us in December, when Jabee will step into the Booth to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series.
Listen to More: Jabee
Written by richard on 11/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)