Did you enjoy Go and Tell ‘Em (Remix), Blood and A Blessing, the previous solo features from Jabee? Well, I’ve got good news: his latest promo single is “Better.” OK, that’s just the title – but, with the obligatory dumb joke out of the way, it’s also an excellent track in its own right. Here, The Paraplegics beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s bluesy, electric-guitar-laced production sets the stage for verses which find the Oklahoma City native, along with North Carolina-based reader favorite King Mez, reflecting on growth, self-improvement, and what truly constitutes maturity. Carlitta Durand, the rising soul songstress recently heard on Chaundon‘s Y’all Don’t Want It rounds out the lineup, reminding us that learning from mistakes is the key to self-improvement on the chorus. Though Jabee’s acknowledges that he “still act[s] like [he] did at age 10 sometimes,” it’s clear that he’s headed down the right path. This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)