Did you enjoy Go and Tell ‘Em (Remix), Blood and A Blessing, the previous solo features from Jabee? Well, I’ve got good news: his latest promo single is “Better.” OK, that’s just the title – but, with the obligatory dumb joke out of the way, it’s also an excellent track in its own right. Here, The Paraplegics beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s bluesy, electric-guitar-laced production sets the stage for verses which find the Oklahoma City native, along with North Carolina-based reader favorite King Mez, reflecting on growth, self-improvement, and what truly constitutes maturity. Carlitta Durand, the rising soul songstress recently heard on Chaundon‘s Y’all Don’t Want It rounds out the lineup, reminding us that learning from mistakes is the key to self-improvement on the chorus. Though Jabee’s acknowledges that he “still act[s] like [he] did at age 10 sometimes,” it’s clear that he’s headed down the right path. This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.