Did you enjoy Go and Tell ‘Em (Remix), Blood and A Blessing, the previous solo features from Jabee? Well, I’ve got good news: his latest promo single is “Better.” OK, that’s just the title – but, with the obligatory dumb joke out of the way, it’s also an excellent track in its own right. Here, The Paraplegics beatsmith Commissioner Gordon‘s bluesy, electric-guitar-laced production sets the stage for verses which find the Oklahoma City native, along with North Carolina-based reader favorite King Mez, reflecting on growth, self-improvement, and what truly constitutes maturity. Carlitta Durand, the rising soul songstress recently heard on Chaundon‘s Y’all Don’t Want It rounds out the lineup, reminding us that learning from mistakes is the key to self-improvement on the chorus. Though Jabee’s acknowledges that he “still act[s] like [he] did at age 10 sometimes,” it’s clear that he’s headed down the right path. This track isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing should keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Blessing" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.