Those counting their blessings can add one more to the list – Oklahoma City native and Caraway1965 crew member Jabee‘s stepped into the Booth with a track so divine that you may want to say “Grace” before listening. On mixtape cut A Blessing, the Booth newcomer introduces himself with one uninterrupted verse, touching upon his artistic process (“ don’t brag about not writin’, I’m a poet at heart), affirming his loyalty to his hood and name-dropping a few of his biggest musical influences (2Pac, Jodeci…) over BeatzbyDarkness’ catchy, midtempo blend of synths, piano, and vocal samples. Clocking in at just under a minute and a half, A Blessing ends all too quickly, but it’s plenty long enough to hook listeners on Jabee’s vivid lyrical style and melodic flow. If this hip-hop benediction leaves you intrigued, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Mick Boogie-hosted Must Be Nice mixtape, out now and available for free download online.
Written by richard on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.