Those counting their blessings can add one more to the list – Oklahoma City native and Caraway1965 crew member Jabee‘s stepped into the Booth with a track so divine that you may want to say “Grace” before listening. On mixtape cut A Blessing, the Booth newcomer introduces himself with one uninterrupted verse, touching upon his artistic process (“ don’t brag about not writin’, I’m a poet at heart), affirming his loyalty to his hood and name-dropping a few of his biggest musical influences (2Pac, Jodeci…) over BeatzbyDarkness’ catchy, midtempo blend of synths, piano, and vocal samples. Clocking in at just under a minute and a half, A Blessing ends all too quickly, but it’s plenty long enough to hook listeners on Jabee’s vivid lyrical style and melodic flow. If this hip-hop benediction leaves you intrigued, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Mick Boogie-hosted Must Be Nice mixtape, out now and available for free download online.
Written by richard on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.