Those counting their blessings can add one more to the list – Oklahoma City native and Caraway1965 crew member Jabee‘s stepped into the Booth with a track so divine that you may want to say “Grace” before listening. On mixtape cut A Blessing, the Booth newcomer introduces himself with one uninterrupted verse, touching upon his artistic process (“ don’t brag about not writin’, I’m a poet at heart), affirming his loyalty to his hood and name-dropping a few of his biggest musical influences (2Pac, Jodeci…) over BeatzbyDarkness’ catchy, midtempo blend of synths, piano, and vocal samples. Clocking in at just under a minute and a half, A Blessing ends all too quickly, but it’s plenty long enough to hook listeners on Jabee’s vivid lyrical style and melodic flow. If this hip-hop benediction leaves you intrigued, you’re sure to find more to your liking on the artist’s Mick Boogie-hosted Must Be Nice mixtape, out now and available for free download online.
Written by richard on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.