Last month, we featured the first record in Michigan-based label FrontStreet Records’ 52/50 Campaign, on which emcee Dux Jones expressed his desire to Make A Flick with a lady he spotted in the club. Though the cut had plenty of potential, the DJBooth peanut gallery delivered “thumbs-up” and “thumbs-down” reviews in equal measure. In the newest installment, Flick‘s supporting actor, Flint representative JAB, continues in the previous entry’s pop-ready vein, offering to make a certain female feel Alright if she leaves her lame ol’ man behind. J Strode‘s Autotuned hook and in-house producers The Skouts’ synth-heavy beat should be enough to ensure a better-than-Alright reception in the upscale clubs; unfortunately, Booth-heads’ computers don’t usually come with top-of-the-line loudspeakers, so this record may well elicit another round of mixed reviews. Hopefully, any club DJs who may be listening will recognize this record’s potential and put it in its proper environment.
Listen to More: JAB
Written by Burmy on 05/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make A Flick ft. Jab" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.