Last month, we featured the first record in Michigan-based label FrontStreet Records’ 52/50 Campaign, on which emcee Dux Jones expressed his desire to Make A Flick with a lady he spotted in the club. Though the cut had plenty of potential, the DJBooth peanut gallery delivered “thumbs-up” and “thumbs-down” reviews in equal measure. In the newest installment, Flick‘s supporting actor, Flint representative JAB, continues in the previous entry’s pop-ready vein, offering to make a certain female feel Alright if she leaves her lame ol’ man behind. J Strode‘s Autotuned hook and in-house producers The Skouts’ synth-heavy beat should be enough to ensure a better-than-Alright reception in the upscale clubs; unfortunately, Booth-heads’ computers don’t usually come with top-of-the-line loudspeakers, so this record may well elicit another round of mixed reviews. Hopefully, any club DJs who may be listening will recognize this record’s potential and put it in its proper environment.
Written by Burmy on 05/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make A Flick ft. Jab" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.