I’m sure there are a lot of things that Ja Rule wishes he had done before he began his two year prison bid for tax evasion and weapons charges, like ride a giraffe or eat at Wing Stop with Rick Ross. I’m sorry, that’s what I would have done before I got locked up. Thankfully for listeners, Rule has a much better list of things that he Never Had Time to do before his lockup. Enigmatically named producer 7 Aurelius crafts a simultaneously celebratory and somber beat, laying bouncing percussion over a haunting piano line – call it regret you can nod your head to. Vocally Ja Rule is as raspy as ever, pausing to occasionally croon amidst rhymes that detail a love that never had the chance to blossom given Rule’s demanding schedule and constant globetrotting. If you’re looking for more from the currently incarcerated emcee you’re in luck. His new album Pain Is Love 2 is set to drop in January of 2012, while his official single Real Life Fantasy arrives at iTunes on December 13. In the meantime, press Listen Now on this one – don’t ever say you never had the time to listen to new music.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.