These are dark days for the man who once Ja Ruled the charts. (I apologize, that was a terrible pun.) Just when it looked like the former Murder Inc. don was possibly-maybe going to mount a comeback, his last feature Man Down received decent reviews from the Booth, Mr. Rule was sentenced to two years in prison on a gun charge. But before he goes behind bars Ja’s determined to follow T.I./Weezy’s lead and release as much new music as possible, including new street single Get the Money. S.O./O.N. Production provides the sonic backdrop here, giving Rule’s still rapsy voice a bouncing, clapping beat to rhyme over, and rhyme he does, filling his bars with the kind of swagged out, G6 flying lyrics we’ve grown so accustomed to - and perhaps tired of? That’s for you to decide in the comments below; have at it people. Any true personal or professional renaissance for Ja Rule will now be delayed two years, but that won’t stop his Renaissance Project album from dropping in March.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Free ft. Ashley Joi" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.