These are dark days for the man who once Ja Ruled the charts. (I apologize, that was a terrible pun.) Just when it looked like the former Murder Inc. don was possibly-maybe going to mount a comeback, his last feature Man Down received decent reviews from the Booth, Mr. Rule was sentenced to two years in prison on a gun charge. But before he goes behind bars Ja’s determined to follow T.I./Weezy’s lead and release as much new music as possible, including new street single Get the Money. S.O./O.N. Production provides the sonic backdrop here, giving Rule’s still rapsy voice a bouncing, clapping beat to rhyme over, and rhyme he does, filling his bars with the kind of swagged out, G6 flying lyrics we’ve grown so accustomed to - and perhaps tired of? That’s for you to decide in the comments below; have at it people. Any true personal or professional renaissance for Ja Rule will now be delayed two years, but that won’t stop his Renaissance Project album from dropping in March.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.