These are dark days for the man who once Ja Ruled the charts. (I apologize, that was a terrible pun.) Just when it looked like the former Murder Inc. don was possibly-maybe going to mount a comeback, his last feature Man Down received decent reviews from the Booth, Mr. Rule was sentenced to two years in prison on a gun charge. But before he goes behind bars Ja’s determined to follow T.I./Weezy’s lead and release as much new music as possible, including new street single Get the Money. S.O./O.N. Production provides the sonic backdrop here, giving Rule’s still rapsy voice a bouncing, clapping beat to rhyme over, and rhyme he does, filling his bars with the kind of swagged out, G6 flying lyrics we’ve grown so accustomed to - and perhaps tired of? That’s for you to decide in the comments below; have at it people. Any true personal or professional renaissance for Ja Rule will now be delayed two years, but that won’t stop his Renaissance Project album from dropping in March.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Free ft. Ashley Joi" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.