Since his debut album, Venni Vetti Vicci, the knock on Ja Rule has been his transition from a street-level, hardcore MC to a pop rapper with a carousel of females singing the hook to his plethora of radio singles. Although the same can be said for Body (featuring Ashley Joi), the current single from the forthcoming The Mirror, Rule takes a trip back to his golden years. On the street-ready 300, featuring Inc family members Newz, Tre and Merc Montana, reality show star and record producer Irv Gotti gives Ja the perfect landscape for which he can regain longtime fans. Although 300 is not a single, its mixtape swagger and energy should have people talking; excuse me, I need to go call a friend.
Written by DJ Z on 10/9/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Free ft. Ashley Joi" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.