Since his debut album, Venni Vetti Vicci, the knock on Ja Rule has been his transition from a street-level, hardcore MC to a pop rapper with a carousel of females singing the hook to his plethora of radio singles. Although the same can be said for Body (featuring Ashley Joi), the current single from the forthcoming The Mirror, Rule takes a trip back to his golden years. On the street-ready 300, featuring Inc family members Newz, Tre and Merc Montana, reality show star and record producer Irv Gotti gives Ja the perfect landscape for which he can regain longtime fans. Although 300 is not a single, its mixtape swagger and energy should have people talking; excuse me, I need to go call a friend.
Written by DJ Z on 10/9/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.