Originally slated for a November 13th, 2007, release date, Ja Rule’s new album The Mirror has been placed in temporary holding. According to the rapper’s MySpace page, the project is “coming soon.” Although according to a label insider, there is no set date for The Mirror to hit store shelves and online retailers. What does that mean for R.U.L.E.? It’s time to release a new single. Following the street cut, Uh Oh, featuring Lil’ Wayne, and the radio-ready fizzler, Body, comes the much talked about Beatles-assisted, Father Forgive Me. According to an interview with DJBooth in October, Ja feels his updated version of the classic hit Eleanor Rigby is both “incredible” and “very edgy.” He later went on to say “I can’t wait till for people to hear it”; oh the irony.
Written by DJ Z on 01/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Free ft. Ashley Joi" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.