Originally slated for a November 13th, 2007, release date, Ja Rule’s new album The Mirror has been placed in temporary holding. According to the rapper’s MySpace page, the project is “coming soon.” Although according to a label insider, there is no set date for The Mirror to hit store shelves and online retailers. What does that mean for R.U.L.E.? It’s time to release a new single. Following the street cut, Uh Oh, featuring Lil’ Wayne, and the radio-ready fizzler, Body, comes the much talked about Beatles-assisted, Father Forgive Me. According to an interview with DJBooth in October, Ja feels his updated version of the classic hit Eleanor Rigby is both “incredible” and “very edgy.” He later went on to say “I can’t wait till for people to hear it”; oh the irony.
Written by DJ Z on 01/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.