Tomorrow, June 7, street veteran Ja Rule is scheduled to report to prison to begin a two-year sentence on drug and gun charges—and the artist’s highly-anticipated comeback LP, which originally seemed like it was going to be the silver lining to that big, gray cloud, has been delayed. F*ck. Despite that disappointment, the Northeastern vet is forging ahead in the only way he can: by releasing more quality tunes, starting with album leak Black Vodka. While I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of turning a clear liquor the color of pitch (Think of the stain potential, for one thing), the song itself is about as refreshing as it gets. 7 Aurelius mans the boards, serving up a sultry blend of bass, organ and staccato guitar riffs as the Mesmerize emcee chronicles a “Hump Day” tryst with a female as smooth and intoxicating as the titular beverage—as brutal as the hangovers are, he simply can’t seem to stay away from the female in question. Still thirsty? Though P.ain I.s L.ove 2, as mentioned above, currently lacks a drop date, we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 06/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.