The life of an underground hip-hop artist on the come-up is a rough one, demanding myriad sleepless nights on the hustle and often offering little in return. Brown Bag All-Stars member J57, for one, has been at it so hard lately that he’s starting to feel like one of the walking dead. On Half Zombie, the latest single off his forthcoming solo EP, he links up with a few fellow artists who can commiserate. Over the headliner’s moody, piano/vocal-loop production, Silent Knight, Emilio Lopez and Koncept express their determination to succeed in the game despite the wearying demands of the daily grind. Complete with a hook sampled from classics by ODB, Masta Ace and more, Zombie is just one of many quality jams to be found on J57’s 2057 EP, available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 12/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Out Pt. Zero" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.