The life of an underground hip-hop artist on the come-up is a rough one, demanding myriad sleepless nights on the hustle and often offering little in return. Brown Bag All-Stars member J57, for one, has been at it so hard lately that he’s starting to feel like one of the walking dead. On Half Zombie, the latest single off his forthcoming solo EP, he links up with a few fellow artists who can commiserate. Over the headliner’s moody, piano/vocal-loop production, Silent Knight, Emilio Lopez and Koncept express their determination to succeed in the game despite the wearying demands of the daily grind. Complete with a hook sampled from classics by ODB, Masta Ace and more, Zombie is just one of many quality jams to be found on J57’s 2057 EP, available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 12/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Out Pt. Zero" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.