While we featured When I Get There, a joint effort with Brown Bag colleague Koncept, earlier this month, it’s Been a Long Time since we heard J57 headline a cut on his lonesome. (His last solo feature, Half Zombie, hit our front page way back in December of 2012.) Today, the emcee and producer finally returns to the spotlight with this cut, single numero uno off a forthcoming EP. West Coast phenom Exile mans the mixing boards, layering guitar loops and vocal samples over a boom-bap rhythm section as the artist delivers verses jam-packed with eclectic pop culture references. On the back, a snippet of Rakim‘s I Know You Got Soul reveals the origin of the record’s title. Complete with a sleepy vocal hook by ATR, this joint is just one of many fresh cuts set for inclusion on J57’s Wax Aesthetic EP, coming soon via Balanced Records.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lights Out Pt. Zero" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.