Currently, as I write this, there is a torrential downpour outside, but all I can see are Blue Skies thanks to an impressive new release from J.Nolan. The song is the second release from the Connecticut emcee’s #DistinguishYourself campaign, which is an ultra-fitting title considering the track’s contents. Nolan’s flow might have an edge to it, but he sounds right at home over the elegant boardwork of producer Tuelv. As the jazzy beat strolls across the clear skies, Nolan wrestles with making an honest living in a world “colder than a bald spot” when selling your soul is an easier, more profitable way to go. The #DistinguishYourself campaign serves as a lead up to the release of the artist’s forthcoming project, Distinction. While no release date is officially set, expect Nolan’s debut single, Fortified MC, to be released very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.