Best known in the Booth for his collaborative work with Sacramento’s J. Good, Oakland emcee J. Lately has linked up with a different partner-in-rhyme for his next street release—namely, West Coast buzzmaker Trey C. If freshly-minted lead single Don’t Wake Me, making its world premiere in the Booth, is an accurate reflection of their musical chemistry, then the project promises to be a very dope listen. Jonathan Lowell handles production on this low-key banger, accenting a Chipmunk-pitched sample with muted brass as the duo outline their laid-back, yet driven philosophy on the hustle. Backseat (New Ride) emcee Scribes contributes a guest 16. Craving more? Then be sure to cop Score One for the Good Guys November 5, when it hits our front page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Northern California rhymesayers J.Lately and Trey C have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their latest street release, the Score One for the Good Guys EP. The project packs 7 original tracks from the duo,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Share the Love " (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)