There’s been a lot of talk lately about the death of the female emcee, which for all of the female rappers out there ripping mics as we speak must be like being told you’re dead while you’re still breathing. Need more evidence that women are alive and making dope hip-hop? Just check out veteran producer/rapper J.J. Brown, making his DJBooth premiere with the up-tempo jam Gender Bender. While Brown sets the musical template with good times, breakbeat production and steady rhymes, he brings on femcee Eternia to prove she can flow with the best of them while Miz Metro lends her considerable vocals talents to the hook. Sure Gender Bender’s proof that both genders have something to offer the hip-hop game, but more importantly, it’s quality music. Plain and simple. J.J. Brown’s upcoming album Connect the Dots is set to drop November 10. In the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/09
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)