There’s been a lot of talk lately about the death of the female emcee, which for all of the female rappers out there ripping mics as we speak must be like being told you’re dead while you’re still breathing. Need more evidence that women are alive and making dope hip-hop? Just check out veteran producer/rapper J.J. Brown, making his DJBooth premiere with the up-tempo jam Gender Bender. While Brown sets the musical template with good times, breakbeat production and steady rhymes, he brings on femcee Eternia to prove she can flow with the best of them while Miz Metro lends her considerable vocals talents to the hook. Sure Gender Bender’s proof that both genders have something to offer the hip-hop game, but more importantly, it’s quality music. Plain and simple. J.J. Brown’s upcoming album Connect the Dots is set to drop November 10. In the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.