There’s been a lot of talk lately about the death of the female emcee, which for all of the female rappers out there ripping mics as we speak must be like being told you’re dead while you’re still breathing. Need more evidence that women are alive and making dope hip-hop? Just check out veteran producer/rapper J.J. Brown, making his DJBooth premiere with the up-tempo jam Gender Bender. While Brown sets the musical template with good times, breakbeat production and steady rhymes, he brings on femcee Eternia to prove she can flow with the best of them while Miz Metro lends her considerable vocals talents to the hook. Sure Gender Bender’s proof that both genders have something to offer the hip-hop game, but more importantly, it’s quality music. Plain and simple. J.J. Brown’s upcoming album Connect the Dots is set to drop November 10. In the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.