There’s been a lot of talk lately about the death of the female emcee, which for all of the female rappers out there ripping mics as we speak must be like being told you’re dead while you’re still breathing. Need more evidence that women are alive and making dope hip-hop? Just check out veteran producer/rapper J.J. Brown, making his DJBooth premiere with the up-tempo jam Gender Bender. While Brown sets the musical template with good times, breakbeat production and steady rhymes, he brings on femcee Eternia to prove she can flow with the best of them while Miz Metro lends her considerable vocals talents to the hook. Sure Gender Bender’s proof that both genders have something to offer the hip-hop game, but more importantly, it’s quality music. Plain and simple. J.J. Brown’s upcoming album Connect the Dots is set to drop November 10. In the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.