There’s been a lot of talk lately about the death of the female emcee, which for all of the female rappers out there ripping mics as we speak must be like being told you’re dead while you’re still breathing. Need more evidence that women are alive and making dope hip-hop? Just check out veteran producer/rapper J.J. Brown, making his DJBooth premiere with the up-tempo jam Gender Bender. While Brown sets the musical template with good times, breakbeat production and steady rhymes, he brings on femcee Eternia to prove she can flow with the best of them while Miz Metro lends her considerable vocals talents to the hook. Sure Gender Bender’s proof that both genders have something to offer the hip-hop game, but more importantly, it’s quality music. Plain and simple. J.J. Brown’s upcoming album Connect the Dots is set to drop November 10. In the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth for all the latest.
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.