Although the ‘08 Best of the Booth award winners were announced only two days ago, we’re already seeing heavy competition for ‘09’s underground categories. Previously heard on Mickey Factz’ Jimmy Choo’s, triple-threat rapper/singer/producer J.A.M.E.S. Watts makes his solo Booth debut with a previously unreleased record on which he rhymes about the social ills that plague modern society. Rather than despairing, however, the Jersey native predicts that the present dark night will soon give way to A Better Tomorrow. Watts’ sample of The Miracles’ Give Me Just Another Day (which Don Cannon used previously on Young Jeezy‘s Mr. 17.5) shows a lot about his passion for the old-soul music, and his determination to take over the new school. So, Booth-heads, do you think we have an early candidate for Best New Artist (Unsigned) 2009?
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)