Although the ‘08 Best of the Booth award winners were announced only two days ago, we’re already seeing heavy competition for ‘09’s underground categories. Previously heard on Mickey Factz’ Jimmy Choo’s, triple-threat rapper/singer/producer J.A.M.E.S. Watts makes his solo Booth debut with a previously unreleased record on which he rhymes about the social ills that plague modern society. Rather than despairing, however, the Jersey native predicts that the present dark night will soon give way to A Better Tomorrow. Watts’ sample of The Miracles’ Give Me Just Another Day (which Don Cannon used previously on Young Jeezy‘s Mr. 17.5) shows a lot about his passion for the old-soul music, and his determination to take over the new school. So, Booth-heads, do you think we have an early candidate for Best New Artist (Unsigned) 2009?
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.