Although the ‘08 Best of the Booth award winners were announced only two days ago, we’re already seeing heavy competition for ‘09’s underground categories. Previously heard on Mickey Factz’ Jimmy Choo’s, triple-threat rapper/singer/producer J.A.M.E.S. Watts makes his solo Booth debut with a previously unreleased record on which he rhymes about the social ills that plague modern society. Rather than despairing, however, the Jersey native predicts that the present dark night will soon give way to A Better Tomorrow. Watts’ sample of The Miracles’ Give Me Just Another Day (which Don Cannon used previously on Young Jeezy‘s Mr. 17.5) shows a lot about his passion for the old-soul music, and his determination to take over the new school. So, Booth-heads, do you think we have an early candidate for Best New Artist (Unsigned) 2009?
Listen to More: James Watts Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.